Friday, June 6, 2014

WTF DRAFT - WRITE THE FIRST DRAFT

My favourite local writing group, Tauranga Writers has created the WTF draft. Don't be offended, it stands for Write the first draft.
Jan Goldie - before photo - WTF Draft - Tauranga Writers
In the spirit of NanWriMo, we've decided to write a certain amount of words per day for the month of June. Why June and not November? Well, in the southern hemisphere, November can be a very busy and demanding month full of summer bbqs and pre-Xmas business. So we decided June was cold enough and wintry enough for us to name it WTF draft month.

It's an experiment in disciplined creativity and I'm not sure I'll be able to produce the minimum 500 words a day, what with kids and family and work and all the rest. But really, they're all just big fat excuses. I need to put my big girl pants on and get to the keyboard!



It is motivating already to see that other people have written 900 words a day or more. Am I being unfair to wonder if they are writers sans enfants, or is it sans l'enfants. I can't remember.
It's a great way to start a new project. See above for my 'winter writing excited face, wearing my nice winter hat'!

1 comment:

  1. I've got three underfoot! Let's put on our big girl pants together :)

    ReplyDelete