Thursday, June 7, 2012

Picture Book Progress

Next week my pal Tracy Martin, expert digital artist and scrapbooking expert are having a meeting to talk about the picture book I'm creating.  I'm hoping both the characters and the backgrounds can be a mix of hand drawn images and digital enhancement.

I sent Tracy a trial sketch of one of the characters and asked her to have a go at making her clothes look fluffy.  This is the picture she sent back. (left) This is only step one but it looks awesome.  Plus, we'll probably choose something way more fluffy - thinking candyfloss - to girly it up a bit.  Just being able to visualise these things is so helpful.

I'm waiting on Jill Marshall to send back an appraisal of the rhyming text I've written, so hoping to get that soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment